Upgrading AMSv3.1

Hi,

If your unit does no longer show up on the network, Mark cannot approach the unit and can therefore not resolve the issue. It means you need to go to your dealer.

My dealer has the 3.1 software, but has so far not been able to put this on a bootable USB stick and transfer the new software to my unit. So I am still without my unit…:frowning:

For that reason, I have urged Mark to ensure all dealers have access to bootable software. Mark, what is the status there-off?

Thanks for the update @MarkCole. That’s fantastic news!! Glad to hear that a fix is in the works, so quickly. :grinning:

Will there be any sort of notification when it is released?

@MarkCole OK thanks for the comment. We are all appreciating the work/effort/support!! From one of the many Antipodes community owners/users :o). I will let you know the result for my Brooklyn Bridge DAC as soon as I am aware of the fix been applied on my servers.

@JJJS
All distributors, dealers and authorised service centres have access to the tools required.
We are working tirelessly with our network of providers to ensure speedy resolution.

1 Like

Good work and glad to hear Mark!

I hope I will get my unit back soon…:slight_smile:

Can I expect any SQ improvement from all these updates?

@markcole After the update the squeeze player does not work. In roon i can’t select the audiozone K30.

1 Like

@Chrhen
Hi there, please ensure that Squeeze Server is disabled in the Server Dashboard to enable Squeezelite to become available in Roon.
If you have already disabled Squeeze Server in the Server Dashboard, and Squeeze is still not available in Roon, please restart Roon Server, also in the Server Dashboard.

Aside from my Squeeze Player not being able to work, there are some other anomalies: when I turn the K50 off it doesn’t go into standby mode, it goes off completely…all lights are out. When I try to turn it back on first time nothing happens, second time it goes into standby. Third time it may turn on or it may go completely off again.
Also, there used to be one short and one long chirping sounds, now it’s only the short one. Is that how it’s supposed to be?

I did my K50 update this morning. Went quite smoothly thanks to some of the best written instructions for any software update I have seen. Thank you Mark.

4 Likes

Problem solved. Thanks.

@MarkCole

For the updates we were supposed to received last week-end to fix different issues with recent AMS v3.1 deployed…any news ? I am still seeing my DSD problem between Roon and my DAC (Brooklyn Bridge).

Sadly we spent the end of last week attending a funeral, running behind, sorry

Wow really sorry to hear that. My condolences.

2 Likes

Just also want to add my voice of appreciation to Mark Cole for all his help with the upgrade to my system.
He was very patient during what I’m sure was a very busy time.
I do notice improved sound quality in several of my listening zones, and I’m excited to find time to get downstairs to my reference system, where I expect to hear even more pronounced improvements.
Great work Antipodes staff and Mark Cole in particular!

3 Likes

@MarkCole …My condolences to you and all your family as well !
Let us know when you/your team will be ready to proceed then.
Greetings

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

My unit is now already two weeks with the dealer but none of the three USB sticks with 3.1 works.

Can you please reach out to him to ensure that this is being resolved?

Hi Mark,

Another try. My dealer is working day and night on the unit. However, it seems that the operating software has been corrupted in a way that the SD on which the OS sits, is no longer accessible…

Anyway, we cannot keep on going like this for long. Is it a possibility that you contact them tomorrow morning (our time) and that you support them by phone, on the spot?

Regards

Jeff

It seems that this topic has died a silent death. Also no replies to my mails…

I had my unit only for a couple of months, it cost me a whopping 15.000 euros and I am now already three weeks without it due to the software update.

I fully appreciate the challenges, my dealer is helping where he can, but all in all I am getting less of a happy camper…

Hi @JJJS … have you tried emailing support@antipodes.audio ? They might not monitor forums regularly.

Yes, I did, regularly by the way. Last mails remained unanswered.

My dealer has just managed to get it working again. By wiping the OS on the SD, installing the old 3.0 again and waiting for an overnight update to 3.1.

It took him days to figure out what worked and didn’t work and how. Perhaps Antipodes should create a part on the dealer forum where they can all share their experiences.