Upgrading AMSv3.1

@Chilli,

Yes, but I believe I actually first selected Player Dashboard and updated that first, though I could be mistaken. When I did the major update to 3.1, I did do Server first, and intend to do Server first in subsequent updates.

If one has Roon I suggest not using it for best sound quality. Just sayin’ :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

In fairness, with the latest updates & played through Squeezebox then Roon is actually sounding pretty good nowadays. I’m sure there are still improvements to be had elsewhere, but with the added convenience that Roon brings I can certainly live with it. I only fairly recently moved from an Auralic G2 & compared to that my K50 sounds absolutely fabulous (even with Roon). :wink:

1 Like

If you ever have half an hour it might be worth comparing some local files that you know well and play them first with Roon/Squeezelite and then with Squeeze/Squeezelite. I would be interested to know what you hear.

When I have updated to 3.11, I promise to revisit that comparison again myself on my K50 and report back.

I’ve done so previously & there was no doubt Squeeze/Squeezlite was when compared back to back, easily the better of the two. It would be interesting to try sometime again though, but I’ll no doubt still stick with Roon anyway, just for the convenience. HQ player greatly interests me though, as & when when I can finally pluck up the courage to try it (it looks slightly daunting for a novice like myself). :thinking:

Me too. Although lms has a bit better sound it’s gui is a mess. If you really enjoy finding new music then Roon tops all others.

2 Likes

Well I have been able to update to 3.11 by pretending to be in Perth (Aus).

However so far it is not good news. The versions of Squeeze/Squeezelite with 3.11 will not play 705/768 files and what is worse they report that they are not compatible with the C-3PO plugin.
@MarkCole can you shed any light on this please and what do we need to do with the Squeeze/Squeezelite versions bundled with 3.11 to get them to play 705 and 768kHz files?

Thanks.

If you have updated do you have the new Antipodes Squeeze Player Interface, the new Material as it were.
If not then restart Squeeze Server from the Server Dashboard

Does the CX get 3.11? If so, I’ve not had an update notification ?

“No player” is displayed in the new material page for Squeeze. When I click that it seems as though it wants to display a drop down but it’s empty. I switched my Player from Squeeze to HQPlayer then back to Squeeze again. That didn’t help. Is there an easy fix or must I set up a support call?

I should mention that my network was badly misbehaving today. I didn’t realize how bad it was until after upgrading both Server and Player.

@kennyb123
Have you saved your output in the Player Dashboard?
Restarted Squeeze Server in the Server Dashboard?
Also in the Player Dashboard, click on the Squeeze cog, to ensure that your correct name of Server is displayed?
I’m assuming yes, but just checking.

What should be the name displayed here? It was 0.0.0.0. I tried to change it to Antipodes Music Server but the spaces were removed so it’s AntipodesMusicServer. I also tried the IP address of my server but the dots were removed.

Hi
I am new to posting to forums so not sure if this is the right place. I updated to v.311 this morning on my S30 but don’t seem to connecting to the Roon core via my desktop. I have tried restart the Roon server and the S30. Any ideas what else I should try?

@kennyb123
It should be the name of your server such as K30server or whatever the system name is of the server

@mwaterball

Exit out of all Roon remotes and software.
Go to the server dashboard, restart Roon Server using the restart button.
Open a Roon remote, select the core, or click on the blue button to find core, deauthorise old core if required, and continue.

@MarkCole

Thanks Mark. Had to deauthorise the old core and it’s re-populating at the moment.

Since 3.11 when trying app_status.php a login screen comes up. Finger slap?

@mwaterball
All good you are on the way

I’m all 3.11’d now got the auto update this monring, thanks Mark - appreciated.

Just for info on my K50 with 3.11, Squeeze Player setup (the cog on the dashboard) reports preferred server as 0000. However Material, Squeeze and Squeezelite all work fine except for not playing 705 / 768 files.