Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information

Hi,
DX3 Oladra user here. I would like to try AMS5.0, but Dashboard says I am Up to date with AMSv4.4.0…

What shall I do besides trade-in program? :slight_smile:

Marek

The update was pulled while they sort out why some users had problems installing it. It’ll come back once they sort that out so just keep an eye out here for them to let us know it is back on.

1 Like

I am sorry there were problems with the new release! I was one of the people who went through the process without incidents! Even though my server and player say AMS5.0, it still says update available! Go figure!

Hi! Updated units will see that for the meanwhile, while the update is disabled. See post from Mark: Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information - #238 by MarkCole

1 Like

I booked a support session today to update to AMSv5 and with the usual professional and courteous support, the update was done without issue. Thank you Antipodes.
Rob

4 Likes

Tidal - Squeeze Update

23d

It is worth checking with Jussi at Signalyst whether there is a charge. A few years ago he would charge a smaller fee to existing HQP licence holders for transferring to a different server.

Yes, I did this. Jussi advised that aside from the discount (about $70 AUD) offered for upgrading from a HQP 4 licence, pricing is otherwise fixed, and in his words “quite cheap compared to what you paid for your Antipodes product”. Read into that what you will…

That said, I did upgrade to AMS 5 and I do use HQP5 unlicensed currently. It is undoubtably an improvement in sound quality compared to AMS4.4 and HQP4. I don’t know which software change upgrade is the primary driver of the improved sound quality, or whether it is both. As I use a convolution filter, the only comparator is Roon player, which is nowhere near HQP for sound quality.

Thank you very much Mark, the after-sales service was excellent and fast. An exception in our world.

2 Likes

@MarkCole
Any insight available as to when AMSv5 might be expected ?
Thx

No.

We have pin-pointed where some devices and internet configurations ran into issues reaching the repositories.
We are having to re-write the code for the update, we really want users to have a great experience, so a little patience and our apologies.

10 Likes

Hi Mark,
Does this mean that current AMSv5 users can continue to use their version after the official release or will they have to do a reinstall?

AMSv5 was the official release however under certain conditions it went a little pear shaped.
When we re-enable the update it will be AMSv5.01 and users on v5 will simply hit the re-enabled update button to take you to v5.01

5 Likes

I had some issues with installing AMSv5 but after support from Antipodes now a happy user again. So even AMSv5 is wonderful if you are lucky enough the launch succeeded. I expect AMSv5.01 to be as smooth and clear as v5. So much to look forward to.

Mark, dx3 oladra here, accessed my antipodes today and was told there’s a new 5.0 update for player and server. So I hit update, it completed and asked to hard reboot. Did that for both player then server. But it still has an update available? What gives, sounds great and I’m using roon.

Bumping the Bump of the Bump, Bump Post

The AMS update is currently dis-abled, hitting the update button does not update the device.

Thx, will wait till it’s ready

UPDATE # TIDAL Plug-In Now Available for Squeeze

9d

TIDAL

Starting April 10, 2024, you will now get access to our music library in full lossless, HiRes FLAC, and Dolby Atmos sound for the same price you pay today of $xx/month.
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.

1 Like

Hi,

Since today, the Tidal app doesn’t appear anymore on squeeze.

When I go to server settings, I see that since today the tidal plugin checkbox is unmarked with the info that the plug-in is no more compatible with the software version what is somehow very strange since the software hasn’t changed since yesterday and is still the AMS v5.0…
I rechecked the box and restarted the server…but still nothing…I restart fiscally several times my Antipodes and the situation remains the same: no more tidal app…

Does it happen to someone else?
Have you been able to fix it?
Any idea about what happened?

Thank you.

Cheers

@MarkCole

This is the same for me. Mark, can you update the squeeze server when you reactivate the upgrade button?

1 Like