Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information

I was also to ask!
Thanks!

Still working on the optimisation, it is close

6 Likes

Screen Shot 2024-06-30 at 5.39.08 AM

6 Likes

I have an important question. My K50 is not a G4 unit. At one point will the AMS software updates stop? Also, it seems unfair that one must turn over the Antipodes units by next month or one will never have the chance to get that repair in the future. I bought a Ferrum Wandla DAC, and updates require no hardware repair. Every update is handled thru a software changes!

1 Like

AMS software doesnā€™t stop, we are still supporting DS,DX etc with software.
That isnā€™t to say that software for those models will continue forever.
As software changes so does the requirements for hardware, there comes a point that software cannot be implemented on old hardware.
As far as a K50 is concerned that time is a long way off.
Iā€™m not sure where you have the idea that software stops, this is just not correct.
AMSv5 is taking way longer than expected, but we are working tirelessly.
What is happening at the end of August is the end of the G4 Upgrade program, that is all, support for software and repairs continue.
If and when a G5 upgrade is available those un-upgraded G2 and G3 units can take advantage of that upgrade program, if you want to.
No one is forcing anyone to upgrade, this is purely a user decision.
We need to re-tool or manufacturing for the busy time of year and focus on production of new G4 servers.
So yes, if you want to upgrade to G4 it needs to be done by the end of August, the upgrade program has been running for over a year.
Honestly what is unfair with how we run both software and new hardware.
Antipodes Audio offers both software and hardware upgrades, as opposed to just software like some companies.
I believe that you will be hard pressed to find another server manufacturer that looks after its customers like Antipodes Audio.

16 Likes

Truer words were never spoken :grin:

6 Likes

Sorry if redundant question, but as I understand dx3 models that have received oladra upgrade a couple years ago, thatā€™s as far as hardware upgrades can goā€¦? Thx

@Whazzzup
Yes, this is correct, no more upgrades for DX, EX or CX

Upgrade Options

OLADRA and KALA model upgrades, to the current G4 specification, will continue to be available till end August 2024.]
(Antipodes Music Servers/Streamers Support Page)

@jazzbirder Could it be that you understood updates instead of (physical) upgrades which will soon no longer be available?

Iā€™m running a DS-3 . Am I also done for ant future updates and support ?
I think my DS-3 has been updated to an edgeā€¦ I love Antipodes products. If I have to move on from my great product. how do I join an expensive line ?
My DS-3 works perfectly right now, just trying to work out the future.
Cheers Community.

As already mentioned in this threadā€¦

There are no hardware upgrades available for DS, DX, CX, EX.

With the demands of modern software, there is a time that these early models such as DS where software will become unable to be updated.
We are close to that time on some models.
Talk to a dealer, trade-in on a G4 K Series.

1 Like

I must tell you the release of the AMSv5 is taking for ever ā€” hope you guys have learned a lot for future updates to work seamlessly ā€” You had said a month ago you SO CLOSE Any idea if this will be released again before the fall?

1 Like

Screen Shot 2024-07-25 at 9.11.05 AM

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been without music from my digital library for over 6 months already. My DX3 Oladra was bricked in early February by the AMS 5 upgrade, which had a very problematic install. Although I was given an option of either upgrading to K21 or sending my DX for repair, I didnā€™t want to go with either until AMS 5 is properly installed, hoping that the issue will be solved. And that is why I visit this thread at least three times a day :slight_smile:

I am very much looking forward to the AMS 5.0.1 release, and I hope it drops soon.

@ELI1333
Apologies, I typed out a response but must have gotten distracted and not posted.
You already have AMSv5 :slight_smile:
We learn every day, and most certainly the time taken now will reap benefits for the future.

If you had agreed to service you would of had AMSv5 6 months ago.
We have had AMSv5 out an working on machines for 6 months, it is the installation mechanism, there is no reason to wait for service.

The last time I sent my DX for service it took nearly two months to get it back. So when I read messages about the imminent 5.0.1 update, I of course wanted to wait and see if the update fixes my issue before I send it out. No problem, I will submit the service request tonight.

First example I think Iā€™ve seen on audio forums of someone being too patient. :grinning:

5 Likes

Where are you now, do you think it will be ready in September?
Thanks

No, the issue remains on deployment for moving from v4.4 to v5.xx
If you have a G4 machine and want to move to v5, book a remote session.
For G3 and the previous, please hold on v4.4