Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information

I wonder if getting used to interacting through the new webpage might vary with the browser you are using. For example Opera GX only shows half or less of the buttons of the new Antipodes interface . MS Edge is perfectly working.
Just to help facilitate new users to navigate to the right spot (I am aware now is not the right time to discuss GUI :cold_sweat:)

MS Edge

Opera GX

ā€˜ā€˜antipodes.audio/oladra.phpā€™ā€™ MS Edge vs. Opera GX (most top buttons missing)

Thanks @watts. I am able to click the link without any issue. Only my CX appears in the My Antipodes window, not the EX. Will try rebooting the EX as Mark suggested

1 Like

Whatā€™s the reason for the IP address change?

My K50 server & player side have fixed IP addresses & these have remained static even after the update.

Everything is working fine & without pausing my VPN or turning off Apple private relay, I can access the dashboard via the app on both my iPhone & iPad. On my Mac I still need to use the existing bookmark or turn off/pause Apple relay & my VPN to access via your website.

UPDATE

Hi @MarkCole - I have done a few full reboots on the EX including the back power switch. I also have released the reserved IP before doing so, and [UPDATE] have since also rebooted my router as well as having ā€˜forgottenā€™ the EX device in my Routerā€™s listed devices. I noticed after doing this step that the EX still has the same IP address as it had before the updateā€¦

Still no EX showing at My Antipodes (see pic), or on the new appā€¦ yet I can see the EX on my networkā€¦ Any thoughts, or do I need a remote sessionā€¦?

Iā€™m holding off on updating the CX for nowā€¦ have already released itā€™s reserved IP in the event thatā€™s the issueā€¦

Exactly thatā€™s the reason for using the App.
IP address change is part of the update process and beyond my level of expertise.
If itā€™s working for you, then there is no issue.

1 Like

Thank you. I wasnā€™t concerned though, merely a little curious. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh, now you remind me of that :laughing:

Actually after having done two successful updates for other devices the third attempt to update a S30 while connected behind an EtherRegen switch didnā€™t trigger the update mode. However, when I connected it directly to the router with high speed, it immediately began updating.

1 Like

I was able to update my K50 but now I cannot find it on my network. I have restarted my modem/router/network switches and rebooted. No luck with the My Antipodes app either.

Early assumptions confirmed.

Roon with Squeeze Player, very good uplift in sound for me. Hard to articulateā€¦more drive, more liquid, more musical, with greater transparency.

Tomorrow, Squeeze Server, but I have multiple Zones, so Roon is preferred.

2 Likes

I just attempted the upgrade on my K50. The server upgrade completed successfully, but now the player has been stuck at 67% for the past 90 mins.

Anything to try to reattempt the upgrade or revert to the prior version?

1:1 session not available until Sunday - a long time without music :frowning:

I also have seen thisā€¦ very nice

1 Like

Same issue for meā€¦ except I can see my updated EX on my networkā€¦ but not in the Antipodes App or at Antipodes.Onlineā€¦

Only my yet-to-be-updated CX is visible on the Antipodes App or at Antipodes.Online.

Waiting to see if Mark has any suggestionsā€¦

It is not stuck, just let it keep going. Donā€™t watch the screen, go do something else :wink: . It will automatically reboot and then still give it a little time. Mine took 2+ hours.
Remember IP address will have changed during update when you try find it.

Maybe try the previous http://myantipodes.com ?

1 Like

Brilliant! My updated EX is visible at http://myantipodes.com as you suggested @PaulW ā€¦ but not showing at Antipodes.online or the Antipodes App yetā€¦

Since http://myantipodes.com works Iā€™ll proceed with updating the CX.

@MarkCole - fyi

Great, indeed now you can do the CX update. Give it enough time, once done go through myantipodes.com back to the EX and do the excellent walkthrough explaining the interface (you can skip parts you are familiar with). Once you confirm you are done both units will show.

1 Like

Yay!! Thanks again @PaulW

For the app, just to emphasize what @PaulW said, there is a new IP address, you canā€™t just click on ā€œopenā€- close down the app, reopen, and hit ā€œrescanā€ then ā€œopenā€

Mark, I am doing near enough thanks. Hope you are also!

Thanks for bringing V5.0 to fruition. Although I appear to have done the Server and Player updates in the wrong order it all went smoothly with the Player updating in 20 minutes despite a throttled back audiophile switch. The Server update took about 30 mins.

The Squeeze upnp plugin failed to load with the update but I activated that as per your note.

As expected I have done a whistle-stop tour of the options including lashing out on a HQP version 4 to version 5 license discounted update.

I terms of sound quality nothing much changes in the hierarchy of how they sound. I was very interested to try Squeeze server with MPD player and that seems to work just fine with the JPLAY iOS app.

I have also tried Roon with HQP v5 (HQP set to ā€˜pass throughā€™) but admit I have not yet tried Roon + Squeeze player within AMS 5.0.

Squeeze + Squeeze is still head and shoulders above anything else in terms of sound quality within AMS 5.0. The acid test is when I just relax and close my eyes and let the sound of the album envelope me in joy. That happens with Squeeze + Squeeze but not yet with anything else. For sure the Squeeze interface is clunky but who cares when the sound is that good.

Thanks again for all your and the teamā€™s work in getting 5.0 out in the wild.

1 Like

Thanks @Watts & @PaulW! In my case a static ID had been assigned to the EX as well as the CX. I did the update to the EX first, without having released the static ID reservation. This may have been problematic, I donā€™t knowā€¦

After the update to the EX I was not seeing it at Antipodes.audio or the Antipodes Appā€¦ regardless of how many times I closed and then reopened the app, or hit Rescan. I tried multiple reboots to the EX as well as my Router, had also released the static IP reservation for both the EX & CX on my Router, and restarted the router with Ethernet cables disconnected.

@PaulWā€™s suggestion to use myantipodes.com was the only spot where I was able to see the EX. At this time, the yet-to-be-updated CX was the only device visible at Antipodes.audio or the Antipodes App per my pics prior. However, since myantipodes.com showed both devices I was able to proceed with updating the CX, which is now complete.

At the time of writing this, neither the EX or CX is visible at Antipodes.audio, however they are both now visible in the app, as well as at myantipodes.com (see pics). Interestingly, both have retained the prior IP address that was in place as a reserved one for each unitā€¦

I suspect as @PaulW noted earlier, once I go through myantipodes.com back to the EX and do the excellent walkthrough explaining the interface, both units will show at Antipodes.audio as wellā€¦

1 Like