Software/Player App for Antipodes Streamers

You can disable Squeeze support in Roon

2 Likes

i have an aurender and i will only think antipodes if there will be an app

Lots of apps. Squeezelite, iPeng. Roon-Roon or Roon server, Squeeze player… Freedom of choice can be rewarding. But you need to invest some time to optimize. I like the exchange of knowledge on this user forum.

Take a look at https://antipodes.audio/articles.php, and scroll down to read the last article.

We don’t quite understand why any user wants their choice of hardware to lock them into a single app, so we support multiple apps, to provide choice and flexibility.

But it is fair to say that the hardware-focused Oladra Project did mean our software side took a bit of a back seat. That has changed with the release of G4 models a year ago, and we are now primarily focused on software development. So you can expect to see software updates instead of new models for some time.

What we are delivering is a completely new bespoke Antipodes stack that offers Antipodes apps for all platforms, with each providing a seamless experience for users regardless of the playback app they prefer to use.

AMSv5 already includes a new optimised OS, a new and simpler management interface, improved back-end performance, new Squeeze interface options, and new Android and iOS apps. You open the app for your device, click on the Antipodes to manage, and if using Squeeze click on the Play button and play music. Just like having an app, only with a lot more flexibility.

We are now working on improving the performance of the back-end functionality to finish the optimisation for responsiveness and sound quality of the whole stack. And as mentioned above, we are working on making the (now kind-of separate) My Antipodes, AMS and Playback experiences a seamless single experience.

You should see this a little later in 2024, and then it will be easier to understand what I mean.

We see a bespoke Antipodes playback app as a lower priority than what we are working on now, but we certainly have it on the list as we can see some areas where we can add something a bit different.

3 Likes