Upgrading AMSv3.1

@Magnuska
Try another browser

Patience? Whatā€™s that? Your talking to someone thatā€™s been known to put stuff back on the supermarket shelf because all of the checkouts had more than two people in the queue. :rofl:

1 Like

@Celts88
Ya gotta give it time to communicate, it can take up to 10 minutes

I tried hopping on a time zone flight to Pangnirtung when it was 2am there and waited until 4am. Nothing.

So I have set sail for in my AMS 3.0 Time Zone settings for Los Angeles where it is just after 1am and will wait and see what happens . . . .

1 Like

I left it far longer than the supposed 10 minutes, but nothing. Iā€™m currently giving it another shot before resetting my times back to U.K & waiting to see if anything happens tonight. I only received notification at 5.13am & Iā€™m not sure what time exactly this went live. However, I forgot to turn my server off last night anyway & if it was live before that then this could already be my 3rd shot Iā€™m on now.

@MarkCole many thanks for your response and guidance! I need to have IPv6 enabled. Do I still receive automatic updates when I keep that enabled? Thanks.

This time the update code has come in, so fingers crossed & good luck to you. :wink:

@Carlos

No IPv6 should be disabled on your router.
This is best practice.
Assist with comms with myantipodes via webpage.
Roon has many things that IPV6 can cause issues with.

@MarkCole Clear. I do not receive updates with IPV6 disabled?

@Carlos
Yes you receive updates with it disabled.
It is best practice.

I am using my S40 as server only. But where is the reboot and shutdown buttons?
I have to manually switch off now.

Strangely my roon app can`t find the roon core anymore. I have tried to reboot everytihing I can think of. Including router, switches,. Confuses meā€¦

Update: sorted

@Magnuska

As mentioned aboveā€¦
The software shutdown/reboot functionality has been removed in AMSv3.1.
Shutdown and reboot is performed via the front button.

If you are looking for your core and have the blue button select different core in Roon, then click on it.

Thank you! Yes its sorted now.

Sorry for keeping you up. You can go to bed now. :slightly_smiling_face:

@MarkCole IPv6 disabled make the default landing page in My Antipodes visible. Thanks. For me a dilemma because I need IPv6.

Having got the update finished, I rather wish I hadnā€™t. Roon canā€™t even find my Roon Core anymore.

2 Likes

Same boat here.

Got the dreaded Roon egg timer that had been going for over 90 minutes when it then said ā€œcanā€™t find coreā€, so I have to re-start again :anguished:

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.45.03 pm

Everytime I reboot the K40 (wish we still had the option to re-boot from the computer and not having to get up and press the button) after about 10 minutes if gives a ā€˜birdy tweetā€™ sound - not sure what that indicates?

I eventually got there in the end. Roon appeared to be seeing my K50 as a brand new player & insisting I was already logged in on the old one. I needed to de-authorise what it saw as my old player, before logging in again on this which it now seeā€™s as a new player if that makes any sense. The only thing is when I re-installed my back up, I got the same issues. I eventually got that sorted & wish I could tell you at which point & exactly how I cracked it, but I was like a dog chasing my tail & going round & round in circles for ages. Anyway thatā€™s what the issue appeared to be with my K50. Given that, it might not be a bad idea for other users just to log out of their Roon/Qobuz/Tidal accounts before starting the Antipodes upgrade. It wonā€™t do any harm & might save you a lot of hassle.

@Chilli
If you log in as a new player it has to re-write a brand new Roon database (last time it took over 5 days for the initial database to be completed).

Iā€™ve logged in as a new player and re-loading a back-up I completed yesterday in Roon so hoping it all goes well :wink:

1 Like

7:45 AM PST and no code received overnight. Tried rebooting the machine and now just see the K50 Server on the Antipodes Audio page. The My Antipodes page does show both the sever and the player.

I don`t know if others have the same problem with 3.1. My Roon core disable itself after a while. Then I need to restart the core again by quiting the Roon app and then connect again.