Upgrading AMSv3.1

45 minutes later and the Antipodes Audio page shows both K50 servers now. Still, no code for the update.

Well, pretending to be in Los Angeles came up trumps and I haw now completed the upgrade to 3.1.

I am just letting the K50 have a little rest to see if it can figure it all out and give me the correct interface for 3.1.

Well I am In Fiji and guess what…
Now started the update

Nice, my travel to Bermuda did the trick earler today.

@Celts88

There is no need to continually reboot your device.
In the myantipodes Server Dashboard, you can restart Roon with a single click.

Or any other server app for that matter.

@Carlos
Are there that many IP addresses you need more?

I have music but . . . . .

Well, congratulations to the Antipodes team. The upgrade install was without hassle or hitches and installed in a very fuss free way.

Questions to @MarkCole or indeed anyone else who knows.

1. how does one know or find out wich version of a server or player app is loaded?

2. are the versions of the server and player apps that are loaded with the initial 3.1 install the latest ones? I ask because I believe that the latest version of Squeeze can play 705 and 768 files but so far in 3.1 it is not doing this and is behaving as if it is an earlier version which is loaded.

3. as previously advised by you, the hardware fingerprint for HQP key registration has indeed changed. I have emailed Jussi and given him the new fingerprint with a request for a replacement key. Does Jussi know to expect a flurry of similar requests?

4. my iPad displays the player and server dashboards correctly but when I try to access them on my iMac Pro the graphics do not properly display. Is this an error or is it something that will self correct?

But all in all, again well done to the Antipodes team.

All sorted.

Now I realise the K40 is only a server so I’m limited to only being able to play via Roon, and no option for the K40 to play Squeeze via my DAC (Devialet 1000 Pro).

Pity about that.

@MarkCole No I need it for development purposes where IPv6 compatibility is a requirement. The CX and Roon has always been working perfect with IPv6 enabled. I think new things developed should not have IPv6 incompatibility.

I also have IPv6 running on my router.

@Carlos

Yes, fair enough.
And we agree as new things are developed.
We have a not new thing, so now we have rolled out this update, we will be moving on to the IPv6 compatibility project.
As you saw in the upgrade there is a million lines of code that need to be checked, in addition to 3rd party apps for IPv4 / IPV6 compatibility.
Getting everyone to the same software version, is the start to enable more development to be achieved.

2 Likes

@MarkCole, completely understand. Compliments for you and your colleagues for all the efforts and the careful prepared and working upgrade process!

1 Like

@Celts88

Has the Devailet got UpNP?
If so you could try MinimServer for something different.

Kudos to the pioneers, I decided to wait until tomorrow in case of anything major, looks promising though :grinning:

@NickBacon
If you click on the cog beside the app the version is shown, for Squeezlite it is Squeezelite Version: 1.8.7
If the graphics do not properly display, please clear your browser cache.

@MarkCole , it must have been a long night for you, so thanks for your assistance!

So the upgrade won’t even start if we have IPV6? There are about 3-4 different tabs in my modem/router that mention IPv6 and I wouldn’t even know how to turn all of them off.

@Agent86
I’m not saying that at all, as above, these chaps have IPv6 enabled on their routers and have updated to AMSv3.1 without issue.
What IPv6 can do, is hinder comms for myantipodes to display when linking from our website, also Roon has a number of issues with IPv6.
Nothing to do with the ability to receive or progress with the upgrade.

And lol, not much sleep has been had :smirk:

@MarkCole MarkCole

Sorry for the rough night!

My situation is that I have the Antipodes Audio page showing the K50 server/player, but no code for the update. I’m on Los Angeles time.

@MarkCole Thanks for the reply. GO TO BED!!

Apart from that, I had blundered around and found where the versions loaded are shown! Some are near current but some are not. In particular the squeezelite (1.8.7) is somewhat behind the current version of 1.9.1 and I do not know what some of the ex / cx guys were running when they were able to play 705 and 786 files through squeezelite.

But this will wait, none of it is urgent. GET SOME SLEEP!

1 Like

@NickBacon
Ha, I’m getting ready to go into the office.
Might need a squillion coffees.
Everyone is on the same versions of apps.
This is the single biggest thing that we are doing with this upgrade process, this will enable app updates in the future for everyone.

2 Likes