Upgrading AMSv3.1

@Maceear
Or use a network sniffer such as Fing or something similar like LanScan to see if it is on the network

@MarkCole I wish to retry Roon in conjunction with HQP on my K50 now that we have 3.1 and access to the latest versions of HQP + NAA.

I assume I am right to select Roon and HQP in the K50 Server dashboard? But I am confused by the HQP Server option on the K50 Player dashboard. What does this do? Does it run HQP server on the K50 Player? Should I leave it unchecked or checked on the Player dashboard if I already have HQP and Roon selected on the Server dashboard?

Thanks.

PS, I am assuming I ignore the HQPlayer Server option on the Player dashboard because Roon seems to be playing quite happily through HQP without checking the HQPlayer Server option on the Player dashboard but confirmation would be appreciated.

1 Like

@MarkCole, Yes it is on the Network, seeing it on my router/switch/modem.

@MarkCole Thanks! I will try that later today.

@MarkCole + @worknprogress, After a shutdown and reboot of the entire network and the K50, the Server is visible but the Player is notā€¦

@MarkCole + @worknprogress Sadly no Player. (on the router/switch/modem, it was a ā€œpermanentā€ connection, so it looks as of it was on the network).

Hi Mark,

I am also on 2.8 (CX + EX). So far Iā€™ve tried 3 different time zones and the update is not coming through. How do I check if the Antipodes base is there? Could you schedule a remote session with me to insert the update triggers?

Thanks in advance,
Aziz

The installation of 3.1 was no problem (K40). However, I am unable to connect to the ROON Core (via the ROON App) and access my music library. Do I have to download the ROON database again from my backup?

Hi All, Iā€™ve managed to update my ex and cx with 2 of 3 of the v3.1 update. On each device, after rebooting after installing 2 of 3 I get the prompt to download 3 of 3. On doing this the page goes back to the end of the 2 of 3 install and hangs up there. Anyone else had this problem, and solved it!
Thanks

Dx3 here on 2.7, my antipodes software update did nothing, still 2.7.

Hi Mark,

Day 2 and still no update. Still only shows ver 2.8. Please advise. Thanks!

Iā€™m up to date, K50 , 3.1 on player and server. Connecting to Roon Core was to a new K50 Core. Completely new start. This would leave me connecting to the Roon backup and restoring Iā€™m guessing.

Thereā€™s no mention of a new core on the instructions so Iā€™m wondering if I did something wrong. No biggy, I presume this would restore Qobuz etc.

Upgrade process was easy but time consuming- fine as a one off.

The Dashboards arenā€™t as advertised, part filled. This is on Safari, Iā€™m guessing ā€œuse another browserā€?

I m not sure what I may have missed but I tried to follow the upgrade procedure but no luck.
Last week I had successfully upgraded my Edge from v2.5 to v2.7 with no issues.
Yesterday I then hit the upgrade button again to follow your installation instructions, it quickly gave me this screen.

I then rebooted the unit and checked my timezone was set correctly, it was.
This morning I opened up my GUI and only saw exactly the same as normal, not the upgrade to v3.1 screen.

what did I miss or what is wrong?

As new users can only post one media I had to put this in second message!
This is what I see today, still same normal welcome screen, not the upgrade to v3.1

Regarding the display, in Safari you just have to delete the history.

Itā€™s true. There is no information (from Antipodes) on whether we should start from scratch with a new ROON core and fetch our database from a backup. I also wonder if I did not make a mistake.

Nothing and something. I have the same screen

1 Like

Upgraded my K50 this morning. Everything went fine. AMSv3.1 looks great. Thank you and best wishes from Germany.

1 Like

This seems like a mess, we should be able to get the update started at will, whenever we want it, not wait for some mysterious push through that may or may not happen for whatever reason

3 Likes

Just login again in Roon (and cancel login from the last ROOn connection) and then install your latest backup.

1 Like

@MarkCole

Mark, I have 5 antipodes units Iā€™m attempting to update this morning: 3 x CX, 1 x EX, and 1 x S30. So far only the S30 was showing the available AMS3.1 update (and Iā€™ve executed it with no problems). Each of the EX and CX were prepped as per Antipodes 3.1 update guideline. Each is showing the only available update as 2.8. They have been online for over a day and the Time Zone has been set correctly.

Browser cache has been refreshed.

Please advise

1 Like